As part of the ongoing initiative to grow our SFDN digital presence and to expand opportunities for members to connect and share practice, we would like to grow the webinar program in the upcoming year. The aim of the webinar series is two-fold – (1) to provide a digital space where members can share practice and ideas and (2) to support the development of synchronous online facilitation skills.
In order to develop the program, please complete this short survey about your interest in topics you would like to see offered, and if willing, topics you would like to facilitate yourself. The SFDN Board will review the results and establish connections between the member needs and member competences, and will contact members accordingly prior to July to establish next year’s program.
The format of each webinar is a one-hour session using the Adobe Connect platform offered through SWITCH. To support members who are leading a webinar, the process is as follows:
- Theme, date, and time of webinar confirmed with the SFDN board; validation by the SFDN President
- The SFDN Member(s) to provide a brief description of the session; SFDN to promote through the website and encourage promotion through other channels
- The SFDN Secretary will schedule the session in Adobe Connect
- One week prior to the session, the SFDN Secretary will conduct a brief test session with the presenter(s)
- Two days prior to the event, registrants will receive the link to log in to the session, along with the technical requirements
- A SFDN Board member will be present online 15 minutes prior to the session to assist with set-up and last-minute technical issues
- The SFDN Board member will introduce the presenter(s) and remain available during the session to help with the chat and other interactive elements
- With the agreement of the presenter(s), each session will be recorded and made available on the SFDN website
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a SFDN Board Member. We thank you for your input and we look forward to connecting with you virtually in the upcoming year!
With best regards,
Rachel Plews (on behalf of the SFDN Board)