JApplications are invited for
Lecturer/associate professor in the multidisciplinary topic of Educational Developmentwithin the
Educational Development Unit, one of the key academic units in the Institute of
Leadership and Education Advanced Development (ILEAD) at Xi’an
Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU). XJTLU is a joint venture university established
in 2006 by the University of Liverpool, UK and Xi’an Jiaotong University, China,
situated within the city of Suzhou.
A key responsibility
of this post is to support delivery of the institutional academic development
programmes, primarily the PGCert in Teaching and Supporting Learning in Higher
Education (commencing 2018-19), as well as other CPD initiatives.
- Support the implementation, across the
institution, of the University’s vision for Learning and Teaching.
- Delivery of modules on the CPS programme.
- Delivery of modules on the PGCert programme
from the start of the academic year 2018-19 onwards.
- Support the development of an institutional
academic development framework and ready relevant documentation for approval by
the respective committees at XJTLU and the University of Liverpool, as well as
accreditation by the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- Provide expert and specialist advice and
guidance to academic staff in developing excellence in teaching with a primary
view of enhancing the student learning experience at XJTLU.
- Develop collaborative networks to identify
and disseminate good practices in teaching and learning and evaluates their
- Recommend, lead and facilitate the
effective sharing of good practices in assessments and other student
- Act as a consultant/coach to academic staff
seeking to enhance the quality of their teaching.
- Maintain and develop resources, including
websites and other tools that facilitate national and international good
practice in learning and teaching.
- Work closely with staff in other professional
services to promote the use of appropriate technologies, facilities and methods
in learning and teaching.
- Work collaboratively with the ILEAD, to
contribute to achieving the strategic ambitions of the University in relation
to academic enhancement and excellence in learning, teaching and research, and
to contribute to achieving the ILEAD’s ongoing operational objectives.
- Keep up-to-date with changes and
developments in related policies and procedures.
- Reflect on your own professional practice
and keep abreast of current developments in learning and teaching through
engagement with the wider community via subject associations, attendance and
presentations at conferences, colloquiums and personal development days.
- Willing to engage in personal development
and training and change the focus of the role, where appropriate, to meet the
changing needs of the University.
- Engage with relevant committees, working
groups and forums to raise awareness of pedagogic principles, share examples of
best practice and highlight developments in the field.
- Carry out any other duties as required,
commensurate with the role position.
- PhD degree in educational development or
- Experience in educational development in
higher educational institutions
The salary range for the position is 21,611 – 39,867 RMB/month. In addition,members of academic staff are entitled to accommodation and travel allowances,medical insurance, and relocation expenses. Overseas staff may receive a tax“holiday” of up to three years, depending on nationality and personalcircumstances.
should be received by 1st February 2019. Informal inquiries should be addressed to the
Head of ILEAD Dr. Xiaojun Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Charlie Reis, Programme Director
of the PGCert (email@example.com).