The Spirit of ICED Award. Nominations are invited for the award of The Spirit of ICED.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 26th 2017
- The purpose of the award is to recognise and celebrate individuals or groups who have made an outstanding contribution to advancing the aims of ICED, which are:
- To help member associations to develop their capacity for educational development in higher education through the sharing of good practice, problems and solutions.
- To increase the number of partner organisations of ICED.
- To help educational developers in countries where no national network exists to form such a network.
- To support educational development in higher education in developing countries.
- To link with other national and international organisations
2 In 2004, an ICED working group outlined the criteria for nominees as individuals or groups who, over a period of time, have demonstrated outstanding leadership in educational development.
They will have:
- Perceived opportunities for expanding the boundaries of educational development and acted to bring visions to reality.
- Used evidence to bravely challenge and improve existing educational development practice.
- Actively disseminated educational development practice and/or theory across boundaries.
- Provided a role model to educational developers.
3 Nominees should normally be or have been actively engaged with their national network.
4 Proposals (in no more than 500 words) should give evidence of how the nominee has excelled in meeting the aims of ICED.
5 The proposals will be considered at the ICED Council Meeting in Shanghai, 6th – 7th July 2017.